Baked Bread Pudding
- 8 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (softened at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar (granular) or 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease baking pan well (bottom & sides) .
3. Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
5. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
Eggs are optional. Add more milk as a substitute for liquid quantity
Labels: 30mins or less, Bread, Bread Puddings, Pudding