While I love a hearty breakfast I always scratch my head wondering what to make that is both nutritious & tasty. A few years ago I stumbled upon Tarla Dalal's mini handbook called Healthy Breakfasts and my journey towards making yummy breakfasts has just become smoother. This recipe is a super hit in my home and everybody looks forward to having it.
Yield: 8 palm size pancakes
Time: Preparation: 10minutes, Cooking: Approx 4 minutes per pancake
For the pancakes:
- Ragi flour - 1 cup
- Soya flour - 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds - 1tsp
- Onions grated (or finely chopped) - 1/2 cup
- Grated ginger - 1 tsp
- Coriander chopped - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking - 2 tsp
- Combine the flours, sesame, onions, green chillies, ginger, coriander and salt in bowl. Add water to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a non stick pan, grease it with a little oil & spread out a tablespoon of batter. Cook on both sides till done.
- Serve hot with Carrot Garlic Chutney
Labels: Chutneys, Cooking With Ragi, Dosas, Healthy Breakfast, Indian Breads and Pancakes, Ragi Dosa