Avocado & Coconut Popsicles

Hello my lovelies! Just when I thought that Mumbai was getting ready for the Indian 'winters' it has gotten so bloody hot! Afternoons are unbearable if you plan to take a siesta without switching on the AC. Nobody knows what happened to this year's monsoons as we hardly had any showers, save for a few a couple of weeks ago. Now it feels like we are on the threshold of summer - Ack! Anyway, what better time than to indulge in some refreshing beverages to keep the body temperature down? 


I had never tried my hand at making popsicles before despite having bought different sizes of moulds.  But when my 'e-friend' Ansh Dhar of Spice Roots posted the picture on one of the food groups on Facebook, I was drooling all over the place (yeah yeah, i know..'drooling' has become a very common term in the blog world. But in my case I was genuinely doing so!). E-friend you may ask! Yes, Ansh  is a darling of a person I got to know via the 'blogosphere' and through several interactions over food groups on Facebook. Although we have never met and have only spoken over the phone, it feels like I have known her for ages. Friendly, vibrant, cheerful and delightful is how I would describe her personality - a bunch of qualities that are rarely found in a single person. 


Ansh or Anshie as she calls herself is a sort of cook who can put together a meal with an available set of ingredients - a skill I really appreciate as I usually go brain dead when I see random ingredients and cannot think of a known recipe to put them together into a dish. It is an art I am yet to learn & master. Do check out her blog for such brilliantly simple recipes and a whole lot from Kashmiri cuisine which is her home turf. 

Thanks to you Ansh, my little fellow enjoyed these popsicles a lot (his mum n dad did too!)




Avocado & Coconut Popsicles
Prep time: 5-10 mins | Freezing time 5 hours or overnight | Yield: 4 popsicles

You Need:
Method:
1. Transfer the avocado to a bowl and mash well. Add the coconut milk & sugar and use a blender to form a soft puree. Add the lime juice or vanilla extract
2. Using a spoon pour in the mixture into popsicle moulds and freeze between 5 hours or overnight
3. When done, remove and serve immediately. To ease out the popsicles out of the moulds keep them under hot running water for a minute or two.

Notes:
To make thick coconut milk you may use 3 tbsp coconut milk powder dissolved in 1/3 rd cup lukewarm water.
Recipe adapted from Muy Bueno Cookbook

Labels: , , ,