Homemade Baby Food - Chicken & Leafy Greens Pulao


It's about time I posted a recipe for our tiny tots. These days children as young as 7-8 months are picky eaters. They have a mind of their own (fore sure!) and know exactly what they don't want to eat. While my son wasn't such a fuss pot before he turned 3, my daughter is testing my patience every single day. So much so that I have started experimenting with recipes to suit her palate. 
When I discuss about this upcoming food rebel in my house my friends agree that they face/or have faced worse. Looks like the new generation is completely different from how we were. Recently one of my readers emailed me and while we got chatting I realised that home made baby food was a segment that wasn't receiving as much attention on my blog as it should have. So here's a quick and tasty recipe for little Sionah and all our little ones whose mums have a hard time trying to figure out nutritious and delicious ways to keep tummies full!




Homemade Baby Food - Chicken & Leafy Greens Pulao
Ingredients:
Method:
1. Wash the rice until the water runs clear. Soak it in a little water till required.
2. In a small pressure cooker or pan, heat the ghee, fry the curry leaves and then fry the onions till pale. Add the tomatoes and fry till mushy.
3. Add the bafat/spice blend and stir for a couple of seconds and then add the chicken & fry for about two minutes. Add the chopped spinach, coriander and kasuri methi.
4. Mix in the washed and drained rice and a little more than double the amount of water (a little more than 1/2 cup water). Cover the pressure cooker and pressure cook for about 6-7 whistles.
5. Allow the cooker to come to room temperature. Then open, stir and add salt to taste if required.
6. Slightly cool before serving. You may garnish with a little ghee if desired.

Labels: ,