Garlic bread is a favourite amongst many. Our family is no different. When we were in Mumbai it was customary to order garlic bread along with our pizzas. We haven't done that at lot here as we don't order pizzas anymore - we make 'em at home! Yeah! There's no greater joy than to bake your own bread, you can trust me on this one! It's all about taking that plunge and then there's no looking back. Ok, so that brings us to the most essential ingredient for a garlic bread - the butter which is used to slather the bread, be it a regular loaf or a baguette. Back in Mumbai I have picked up the Amul Herb & Garlic butter on a couple of occasions and I thought it would be great to make it at home someday. It's just that the need didn't arise until now.
Last week I decided to make some garlic bread for the upcoming bread challenge for the month of April and set out to look for recipes to make herbed garlic butter. I mixed and matched recipes to utilize whatever ingredients I had at hand and the result was remarkable. The garlic bread slathered with some of this gorgeous spread was over in minutes! Do stay tuned for the recipe of the beautiful, decorative bread that I have made for tomorrow's challenge. For now, enjoy this versatile, slightly salty, aromatic and garlicky butter!
Herbed Garlic Butter
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: Nil | Yield: approx 1 cup
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoons (2 fat cloves) garlic, minced or microplaned
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic salt or a blend of equal parts garlic powder and tablesalt
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Check seasoning and adjust as required.
2. Use as required and refrigerate the rest.
Labels: Garlic Butter, Herbs